Did you know that I like Durian? No? Whaaaaaaaattttt!?!?!?
I like it So much that I wrote a song about it!
Yeah, so, hurry in if you wanna get some of this Durian Chia Pudding. Before it’s all gone. Oh. Wait. It’s gone. Sorry. Actually I’m not. I’ve got the Durian Madness, so there’s No Remorse.
I like to make some pretty intricate Durian Delicacies, but in this case I decided to keep it simple. Because, well, I just wanted to give a superfood chia boost to my durian fix the morning I made this.
I just taught my first ever Durian Madness Raw Food Course, so my head is brimming with Durian Knowledge. Here’s a few interesting facts about it :
- One serving of Durian provides twice as much Vitamin C as we need in a day!
- Durian contains tryptophan (so do chia seeds!), which is considered to be nature’s sleeping pill. So if you ever have the issue of having too much energy after eating raw food all day, throw some durian in the mix. Chia seeds don’t really work in that respect, as they are more of an energizing food.
- Durian is one of the only fruits with significant quantities of B-Complex vitamins, including niacin, which is currently being researched for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It’s being tested as a potential megadose vitamin treatment. Pretty Cool Stuff.
Durian is also the most interesting food on the planet from a cultural standpoint. That’s a fact, not an opinion 😉 Here’s a couple reasons why :
- People will kill for it
- It’s considered an aphrodisiac, despite the fact that it smells so strong that any girl that I’ve ever come across that doesn’t like it seems to be affected in the exact opposite way. Needless to say, this has left completely confused and uncertain about my manliness 😉
- It is banned in many public places in South East Asia for its awesomeness, because most people can’t handle just how awesome it is. Just kidding, it’s for the smell haha!
- Durian is considered a heating food, ironically, because we all know that people who eat Durian are the coolest people in the world 😉
- People center their lives around it!
So check out this recipe and then go figure out how to get some durian, wherever you are in the world, right now![amd-zlrecipe-recipe:47]