Tartlets are a great dessert recipe for one key reason : You can eat them right away! Due to their small stature, they need not set before they are ready to eat. In fact, they may be better when they’re gooey!
They’re also very versatile because you can make one crust for multiple filling flavors. Here’s two awesome tropical fruit flavors that compliment each other quite beautifully. Mango Passionfruit and Durian Pineapple Tartlets. Can you say Yuuuuummmmmmyyyyyy?
Durian Pineapple Tartlet
As you probably noticed, the recipe makes 24 tartlets worth of filling but only 8 crusts. The math is nice and clean, so if you want to make 24 tartlets just triple the crust. You can also do some fun stuff in the dehydrator with the passionfruit filling.
The Mango Passionfruit Tarts make a great wrap and an interesting pancake.
For the Wrap :
1. Mix approximately 1/4 cup filling with with 1 tbsp psyllium husk and mix well.
2. Spread thinly on teflex sheet.
3. Dehydrate for 6 hours at 115 F.
4. Flip and Dehydrate for another 2 hour 15 mins.
For the Pancake :
1. Mix approximately ¼ cup filling with 1 tbsp psyllium husk and pour 1/4-1/2 inch thick circles. You want to make sure there’s some thickness to it.
2. Dehydrated for 6-7 hours at 115 F
3. Flip and dehydrate for another 2-2 ½ hours at 115 F