These last couple of weeks have been quite fun. My friend Trish (She’s the one pictured in the first juice recipe in my recent post on juice fasting) has her own garden and is always offering me fruits and vegetables. She’s like the sweetest woman I ever met. She told me that she had extra pumpkin, and asked me if I wanted some. I said sure, I’d love some, thinking that she would bring me like a quarter of a small pumpkin. Instead, she brought me a whole pumpkin the size of my torso.
So basically I’ve been slowly chipping away at this monster of a pumpkin, one creation at a time. I’ve made a couple Raw pies, a couple Raw soups, used it in salads and Raw nori rolls, and, of course, made this decadently delicious Raw Chunky Pumpkin Fudge Recipe. Which I will now share with you 🙂
Chunky Raw Pumpkin Fudge Recipe
- *All the products linked to below are from UbudDirect, my favorite online Organic Grocery Store in Bali, and are affiliate links. This means RawFoodBali receives a very small percentage of any purchases you make after clicking one of these links. The prices stay the same, and you help support me so I can keep providing you high quality content and information about healthy living in Bali 🙂
- 1 cup Coconutty Cashew Butter - 4.5 cups Cashews blended in Vitamix with 4 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Cubed Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Dates
- 1 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Liquid Sweetener of Choice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A Pinch of Salt
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Process all ingredients in a food processor, making sure to stop while there are still small, thumbtack size pumpkin chunks in tact.
- Line bottom and side of tupperware with saran wrap so that you can pop the whole block of fudge out when it's ready and cut it into squares.
- Garnish with Pumpkin Seeds (I used the ones from my pumpkin, which I dehydrated) - It looks really pretty with them whole, and I also believe that it would be a tastier bite if you crushed them into a crumble first - maybe add a bit of honey and some walnuts or something to create a slight crumble layer on top! ooooohhhh that sounds delicious - I just thought of this right now! I will actually be making this again for the International Raw Food Day Celebration at Pondok Wahyu in Sayan this Thursday so I will give that a go 🙂 - UPDATE - Tried it, Freakin Delicious, Definitely do it!
- Let set in freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Pop out entire block, cut into squares, then put back into tupperware and store in freezer - it is sumptuously chewy and ready to eat straight out of the freezer and will last for ages 🙂
- Enjoy, and remember how Rawesome Pumpkin is!